In Cisco ISE the WebGUI and CLI admin accounts/passwords are separate. In order to change the passwords you can use the following methods:
- The CLI Admin password can be changed from the CLI by entering the command The CLI password is unique to each ISE node
- The WebGUI password can be changed from the CLI by entering the command application reset-passwd ise admin.The WebGUI password must be reset on the Primary PAN, this password is then synchronised to all ISE nodes.
- Alternatively you can reset the WebGUI (not CLI) password within the WebGUI itself. Navigate to Administration > System > Admin Access > Administrators > Admin Users
Resetting a forgotten ISE Password
If you have forgotten the ISE CLI password you can only reset this by booting from the ISE DVD/ISO.
- Select option 3 or 4
- Select option 1 – Recover Administrator Password
- Select Admin account and enter the new password
- Save changes and exit to reboot the ISE node
Até o próximo post!!!
Post Original: integrating IT